4. Make eating out simple. When you're eating out, a simple hack is to order the house salad, and ask if they can throw some shrimp on there or a slice or two of grilled chicken (they'll happily do that), and that's your meal. With water. Done.
5. Eat protein at every meal. If you're a big snacker throughout the day, start eating protein at every meal. Every. Single. Meal. It will help to slow down your digestion and make you feel fuller longer. No more snacking.
6. Change your vocabulary. (Yes, this is seriously a hack.) What you say to yourself has a HUGE impact on your day. Pay attention. We all know the famous quote, "If you think you can't, then you can't. But if you think you can, then you can" or something very close to that! What you think to yourself makes all the difference. Change out a few of your go to words and see how that can transform how you see yourself and your situation.
7. Know your mantra. I'm a big, huge mantra fan. I'm always saying one to myself and my most recent one is this, "Today I commit to doing 1% more”. This little statement has my consistency rate charging through the roof. I have been the most consistent with my workouts than ever before because I can’t talk myself out of 1%. And some days 1% more is only 10 minutes. It may be small but it makes a difference!
8. Drink more water. Start your morning with warm water and lemon. I know you've heard this one a million times, so just do it already! It's good for the belly.
9. Chew your food. Like really chew it. I'm thinking 40 chews. It'll feel really weird and maybe a little gross at first, but the more you do it, the more consciously aware you become of your food. It slows down the rate that food is storming the belly, and it helps with the digestive procedure. Give your gut a little break from working so hard and chew!
10. Sniff some essential oils. For reals. Orange oils have the ability to boost your mood and reduce anxiety. Lavender has a calming effect and is also an anti-inflammatory. I mix a few drops with coconut oil and place on my palms, rub them together and then inhale and let the calming take over. It smells so nice! You can even get a little infuser and let the smell take over your bedroom which can help you to fall asleep.
There you have it my friend. 10 healthy hacks that I use that help keep me on the straight and narrow as I journey to make my life a little bit healthier each and every day!
If you have any that you use, please share with me, I'd love to learn from you! And in case you'd like to keep these hacks somewhere where you can always see them, you know I've got a little freebie for you! Download my PDF that has all these written down so you can employ a little hack when you need the help.